- If you normally use black and white. Don't. Try one or more colors.
- If you always shade heavily. Don't. Trying not shading at all.
- If you always use a favorite tangle. Don't. Try a tangle you have never tried before.
- If you always go to the edge of the tile. Don't. Try leaving a border.
- If you always fill every space. Don't. This is your chance to be a minimalist.
- If you always procastinate and wait until the end of the week. Don't. Print the template right now and post it.
- If you always look at your Zendala and then post a comment about how your "disappointed" or "just not happy" with how it came out. Don't. Your work is beautiful. Give it the compliments it deserves.
- If you always stay inside the lines and never deviate from the template. Don't. Draw a big X or a squiggly line right through the template and see how it changes your finished piece.
The dare this week has pushed me to places I have never before gone and I must say that I sort of enjoyed it. I am a rebel and I always try to hide the template....sorry Erin....but I love the templates because they give me a new direction. Well this time I stayed with the template. I know it will seem like I didn't because my co-worker could not envision it, however, I did stay in the boxes. I used patterns I had never used before. I resisted shading on all but one and I only used a little bit on that one. I worked in black and white because I love color, well except for the green shading on the one, and I worked with only one...or two patterns per zendala. Oh, and I made sure I waited to post.....not very long, but not as soon as I could have.